Drempels

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
Live Search: swirling background desktop

edit: adding link for Drempels on sourceforge - https://sourceforge.net/projects/drempels/

figure I give you the search link I used to find it again, hehe. I was thinking about this program a while now, had it and then lost it. Couldn't remember what the name was.

Anyways, just wanted to find it and see if I could use on Vista. And it does work. Although at a sacrifice.

It's an app that creates a psychadelic background on your computer. Comes in 2 modes. As a screen saver and as an animated bg. I thought of this program during beta of Vista and how people were saying you could buy/get XXX to do the same thing if you don't get Ultimate.

Well I have ultimate and enjoy deskscape/dreamscene.

This app uses very little resources and can run on ancient hardware. To get it to run on Vista is similar if you can't get it to run on XP. For XP you have to disable Active Desktop.

For Vista, since it did away with Active Desktop but employs something similar, Windows Sidebar or Channel Definition Format. You have to disable that "option" when you run Drempels.

Do this by doing the following (for Vista):
right click > properties > compatibility > and check "disable desktop composition".
The above might make your desktop a little ugly, by disabling transparency effects but it'll allow this old app to run. The screensaver mode of the app does not require this tweak.

You can also fiddle around with the image data in the program's install to give the psychadelics a little bit of your own touch ;)

Drempels appears to have a 1.5 version, but I think it's still at 1.4. Look for the sourceforge link.

Have fun and enjoy this nice little program. Give your "old" XP machines a pseudo Dreamscene touch.

BTW, this is actually older than XP but most of you might not have anything older :D

made for: Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom