downloads disapear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it appears that something somewhere has become corrupt, even when removing the old version completly and installing from the latest installer I still had the same issue, so I just gave in and went back to a ghost image i had from a month ago...

It is working out great since the backup never had AVG or anything, the back up was a fresh install that was just activated, but ended up having to grab the latest avg installer, seems like if you have the installer i had and update it enough something becomes corrupt and stops downloads...

One way around that is to go into the msconfig utility and find the updater item there to see that disabled. That way you would have to manually check for updates or wait for the next build to start fresh with that.

If you could find the older 7.5 build available somewhere you could run that without any of this coming up for the time being as an alternative.

It's actually a shame to see this many problems with the free version since Grisoft bought out Ewido and now adds a revision to that in as well as the IE protection process. Up until lately AVG has always been a non bloated reliable program.

Most people prefer to see the download saved to a folder and then run it from there. This way they always have it available if they need to reinstall or run it again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom