downloading / searching related

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
hi guys, 4 related questions :)

1/ i was downloading a video in chrome but it got interrupted. when i clicked restart it wouldnt work. is there some way of tracing which site i downloaded from? i did 5 hours of non-stop browsing today, so really cant say!

2/ alternatively, i thought of going to the temp files directory where i was assuming id find thumbnails or pix of the site i was on, which would then gimme the site i was downloading from. but when i found the chrome temp dir none of the files had a jpg extension. i only clicked on one file in there (computer was v v slow at the time) and was able to open it as a picture. but the hundreds of files in there had the same extension, some unknown one.

3/ also i tried to do a search in this hidden directory for all jpgs but couldnt. when i went to the search function i couldnt navigate from my documents to the local settings subfolder (which has chrome temp files in it). i could still search the my documents folder *including* the local settings folder, but that would also include the my pictures folder, which would give thousands of hits. is there any way to limit my search to this hidden directory? (clicking 'include hidden folders' doesnt LIMIT my search to that, just includes them).

4/ finally, when i was using chrome my computer got soooo slow, and under task manager i saw multiple chrome references, each taking up a diff amount of RAM. one was say 20MB, one was 15MB etc etc. So how much RAM is chrome taking up them, the sum total of all of these, or the greatest single amount?

thanks!
dan

1. The only way would be to look at your browsing history and maybe find the site you got it from. Either that or check under the Download area (Click the Wrench and select Downloads) and that could give you the site for the file under its name. That will be your best bet.

2. This might not work. You might have the chance but you will have to look at all the files.

3. There is no way built into Windows to just select hidden directories.

4. You have to add them up. The thing to remember about Chrome is that every extension creates a new process in the task manager. So all of them combined is the total for what Chrome is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom