Downloading Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

December

Beta member
When I download a movie or song file (from sites such as yousendit or megaupload), what basically happens is it automatically says downoad complete. Then when I click 'open' it will only play about 5 seconds of the song/video. I've tried opening it in WindowsMediaPlayer and MovieMaker, and it only plays those first few seconds. This is a relatively new problem, and my computer used to download everything just fine. I also know that the files are good, because I can get them to download on other computers. Therefore, it is obviously a problem on my end. I just don't know what. I also don't know how to do anything other than run a virus scan to fix things. And there are no viruses on my computer. Also, it downloads other programs just fine (I'v recently downoaded uTorrent and AnimationShop3, AFTER I started having problems downloading the song/video files).

Any help would be AMAZINGLY appreciated!

did you try to download them on your pc then transfer them to the other pc and see if they play?

Umm...you either mean one of two things.

1 - Transfer the files that aren't playing to another PC, and see if they play there. No, I haven't tried that, but I don't think it would work, seeing as the files show up as WAY smaller KB than they really are, and show they only last a few seconds. (But I'm no computer genius, so I'll have to try that anyways).

2 - Download the files on another PC then transfer them to the one I'm trying to get them to. I don't physically have the permission to use any other computer for long enough to download the files, so at this point this is very impossible.

What I actually think is happening is my computer is literally only downloading part of the file (and a very small part at that) and before now, this hasn't really effected anything I've needed/wanted to do, so I didn't bother to figure it out. But I figure that at this point I need to get the prombem fixed instead of messing with a way to work around the problem at the time being.

See, I have no clue what a downlaod manager is, and no clue what you mean, so you'd have to explain this to me, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom