Download speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
Is there a program that I can use to speed up downloads? I ran speed tests on InternetFrog.com and it says I can download at 100kb/s but, I am only able to download at 30Kb/s?

use DSLreports.com its a pretty reliable site, also dont run any IM progs or browsers while you do it (or torrents/limewire/etc)

Also, you cant download faster than the server will upload to you. You may have the POTENTIAL to dl at 100Kb/s, but the server will only give you the data at 30.

What type of Internet are you using and what's the advertise speed from the ISP?

If you do a Google search, thereÂ’s hundreds of application that will boost your download speed. Firefox works well at boosting your speed for a couple of second, give that a try. DonÂ’t rely on software; usually their bundle with spywares and junk application, the obvious solution is to find a better and faster ISP.

firefox does give a nice boost at the beggining tho i havent found a program that does much better. firefox lets me get an initial speed of 1.3 MB/s and it usually drops down to around 400-500k. but if its a small file that boost will get it half way done in a split second for me. :)

Win2kpatcher said:
My torrents usually run about 350kb/s..I love it!

Which BT are you using and how much do you usually upload??

I use BitComet but only get about 80-100 kb/s if I'm lucky. At best I get
153+ kb/s.

I got to find a way to speed it up.

I use firefox and ive got the "broadband speed test" extension, no need to load up a website to do a speed test

Yeah firefox is Sweet,

however you can also use a program called Download Accelartor plus, this is what I use to D/L Linux ISO files, I love it due to the fact I can cap my D/L speed to my liking, and it increaeses your D/L speed upto 400% and best of all it's free!

http://www.speedbit.com/

ciao

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom