Download complete service pack for 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gym Dumb

Beta member
I have a windows 98 machine which is not on the new nor networked in any way. Is their a way I can use a XP machine to download the complete service pack for 98 (NOT SE) and then burn it and install from a disk. I know you can do it as an option if I already had an 98 machine but I don't so I am either looking for a link or a trick to getting this done.

Thanks

There is no such thing as a "Service Pack" for Win98; that only applies to NT based operating systems.

If your Win98 PC is not hooked up to the internet, you're pretty much SOL - M$ has stopped supporting Win98 as of last year and the only way to get your updates for it are via the internet.

Theres a way to update the system, but it involves going to the microsoft website and downloading each update manually... which can be a large pain in the ass. After downloading the updates burn them or write them to a portable disk and bring it over onto the win98 system you are referring to.

The main problem with doing this however is the fact that you have no clue which updates are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom