Downgrading Laptop to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

I am trying to downgrade my HP laptop to XP (model number dv6936us...chipset 965 express). I have located all the drivers I will need to install to get all the components working with XP (wireless adapter, Nvidia driver, etc). I know that once I try to install XP with the original disc, it will give me a "HDD not found" error and prompt me to quit. So I am following this guide.

My problem is choosing the correct driver in nlite. I was expecting a list similar to the one in the guide (was going to chose "Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller") but instead I get a list that looks like this:

nlite.jpg

The only thing remotely similar to those options in my device manager is "Intel ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850."

I would chose all of them like the guide suggests but I am pretty sure some of them are meant for 64-bit operating systems.

I got the Intel Matrix Storage file that I am using here from Intel's download center too, so it has to be the correct driver.

If nothing else, I will just disable native sata controller, but I would like to do it this way if that is at all possible.

Any help,
darkop

Well, it didn't work. I got the can't find HDD error. This is the driver I used:

Driver

I selected Regular PNP driver on the screen I talked about. I used nLite to directly burn the DVD.

Any suggestions,
darkop

EDIT: I tried doing the textmode driver option and selecting them all. The new DVD works now. I got past the setup screen and it sees the partition on the laptop's HDD. Well thanks for the help. And anyone who finds this post and they want to do the same thing, Don't chose the PNP option. Use the textmode and select all the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom