Down grading to XP from vista... AHHHHHH Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Hey guys it been a while since i have been working on here. I am back to fixing computers again. This time I am working on a friends laptop. It was running vista... they got serious Trojans... after all was said and done they are selling it to my brother in-law. He only like XP, and seeing how the Trojan took out the recovery file too, i did a full wipe and began installing XP. Install went smooth, i used a tech's copy of SP3, and was ready to start updating drivers. Well leave it to Compaq... they only have vista drivers. I need XP drivers for Compaq Presario f500. I need almost all the drivers; Chip-set, Video, Audio, and Network to start with. I hope you all can help, this is getting aggravating.

What you can try is, download Speccy and find the details on what you're looking for, then head over to the manufacture's site (whoever made the component of the drivers you're looking for) and see if they got drivers for it. That's my suggestion :).

Plain and simple. XP is done for. If you cant find the device make and model using Belarc Advisor and get very lucky that the device manufacturer has drivers on their website that can work, then your out of luck.

Almost all companies are stopping support for the 9 year old OS. If people refuse to update to Vista or Win7 then they have to accept that their stuff may not work properly. It is as simple as that. You cant force something to work with drivers that are not made for it.

Moved to Windows area as this is not a hardware problem. Drivers are Windows specific.

Ok after some tedious searching and struggling i got it... Every driver and works smooth... then out of no where the wireless just disappears. The device manager doesn't even say it has wireless card on it. wtf?

nobody bothers to read my guides. I show you how to import all drivers into your xp build and how to make an all driver cd

when you make the all driver cd, make them as all network, all sound, all video etc.

go to

All DriverPacks | DriverPacks.net

download your particular driver, extract them with 7zip and burn it to cd. then install via device manger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom