Double Lines on 'Enter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isolize

Baseband Member
I've been noticing a little problem regarding paragraph spacing recently. Sometimes, in Word, my documents will double-space themselves even though I repeatedly 'select all' and set the spacing to single. I'm unable to place the cursor in between lines. In text boxes in IE or Firefox, the cursor will skip two lines rather than just one upon pressing the 'enter' key. I can fix it in text boxes by deleting the extra lines (the lines skipped are not 'locked'), but it's still annoying. I experience this problem all the time in text boxes 9and sometimes Notepad), but only sometimes in Word.

The interesting thing is, that even if I copy text having this problem in Word into Notepad the lines will still be seemingly locked - so putting the text into .txt format atill leaves the problem.

Now I've actually sene this at work recently as well on an entirely different computer and network.

Does anybody have any idea as to what could be causing this? I'd appreciate any input - and thank you in advance!

I guess there is issue with the software ! Video card driver update might fix it . If I were you I will copy all my documents & format windows and install it again as a fresh copy.

Good tip Amlife.

Also, are you trying to copy text from a website? If so, they may have used the

tag instead of the
tag.

I'll be formatting near the end of August when I upgrade my motherboard, processor, and get a new case - it wouldn't make much sense to do it before then. Anyways, maybe I'll reinstall the video drivers. No, I haven't been copying text from web pages - although it shouldn't cause the problem anywayys.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom