DOS or QuickBasic with windows vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdClayJisKOO

Baseband Member
Ok so I am taking a beginning programing class as a blow off pretty much, and I want to be able to use my laptop for it. I am currently dual booting between Windows XP MCE 2005, and Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

is there any way i can run QBasic in either of those OSs (preferably vista)

i have tried a couple different things but i haven't been able to get anything to work. i couldn't even get my old DOS games i have on a floppy to run on either XP or Vista.

if i cant get it to work in my current OSs, is there a way i could emulate windows 95? or would it be possible to create a boot CD to get my laptop to boot into genuine Dos, and if so, would I still be able to run qbasic through dos?

if anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it. thanks!

You can run anything on Windows Vista, just install the program and set the main EXE file to Windows 98 compatibility mode.

i tried that...it didn't work. maybe it has something to do with it being a 64 bit version? but i don't think so because it didn't work in xp either

i'll try again and let you know exactly what happens

ok so i tried installing Qbasic 4.5 and 7.1 on vista in compatibility mode for windows 95, and i get this message:

The Version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or c64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

sorry for posting three times in a row, but just an update.

i was able to install Qbasic on ex. turns out i had to make a virtual A:\ drive, and install it from there. so Qbasic works perfectly on xp. using DOSBox, i am able to run Qbasic in vista, runing it from the install on xp, the only problem is, i cannot seem to get it to navigate directories so that i can open up my files. anyone have any idea why that would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom