Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey Everyone,
Could someone help with a question I have?

Change to the “Excel Templates” directory, and display the directory contents. Now, using one command, change to the “Word Templates” directory. Display the “Word Templates” directory contents.

Does anyone know the command for this?

think you are looking for the cd (change directory)
ex
cd c:\hefe\is\theman

this would change me from any folder.

Now are you sure you mean DOS? The Command Line in Windows is not the same as DOS. DOS was used with Win 95, 98, ME but was phased out with Windows XP.

I am in a directory right now. But I need to go from the directory I am right now and jumping into another one while displaying the files in the new dictory I am in?

There is no way to do that. You will have to go dir/p to get the file listed by page. Then change the directory to the one you want. You will be able to scroll up to see the files from the old directory while in the new one.

The Command Prompt is simplistic. There is no way to view 2 directories at the same exact time unless you use that method.

mak, are you sure? Im not doubting you but that question I posted is a question that my teacher has in the homework.

I need to go from the directory that I was in to another directory leaving the old one into the new one.

I think I get at what your teacher is asking now. Me and Mak have given you all the info you need. Go back and read the question look at our posts disregarding the last two.

Well either your Teacher found a way to make Command Prompt do something that it wasnt designed to do by Microsoft or he is using 2 windows to do it. ;)

Yes i am sure. I have worked long enough with Windows to know that you cant view 2 directories at once without changing out of the currect directory. Command Prompt is very basic. It is based off of DOS which was the very first OS ever used. There wasnt much thought put into viewing multiple directories at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom