don't know where else to put this so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
ok i got a problem with my new computer i just set up. i get no suond. the headphones i use get no system sounds, mp3, games anything. all the drivers are installed but still nothing. i tried the headphones on another comp and they worked fine there. in device manager the only thing i have found that might be it according to the xp trouble shooter, is that the "digital signer : not digitally signed". could this be it and if so how do i fix it. yes all the volume controls are open and up, and whats weirder is that my mic works to talk into, so i dunno if it could be the motherboard. is it possibly a jumper setting or something like that? my motherboard is a chaintech vnf4 nforce4, and if i cant get this to work, would a cheap audigy 2 card be compatible with my board and fix the problem? thanks

Maybe the audio jack got worn out... You should try a cheap PCI sound card just to see if it works. But thats just my opinion...

How do you know you get sound when you talk into the mic if you cant hear anything?

Another thing to try is hooking it up to actual speakers and crank up the volume really loud... At least you'd see if your getting anything at all...

i dont see how it could get worn out, its a brand new pc. and i can tell because i installed bf2 and did the mic settings, and also on my ventrilo, my indicator lights up green when i hold down the talk key. and i dont see how doing the speaker thing would help

Go into control panel>sounds/multimedia(speaker Icon). In the audio pull down, do you find your sound card or onboard sound. You might want to take the time to boot into the CMOS: Hit F2 at initial boot, and see if your on-board sound is enabled, if you are using on-board sound, or if it is diabled if you are using a PCI audio card. Try those things and report what you've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom