Domain Controller hybernation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

classproj03

Solid State Member
I have a domain controller, user accounts and all...I am able to disable the hybernation settings for the domain admin and the local administrator...when I log on as a user, I can not, or it will let me then revert back to the default settings. I know that it is a policy just wondering if anyone knew exactly which one off the top of their head.

I will continue to look

I thought this was controlled by the machine configuration. ie registry settings.
if this is the case, then modify the settings needed in a standard profile, then move the NTuser.dat from that profile to the Default user profile folder. Also, make sure to import the settings over the default config under HKey_Users.
That way each new user will get the same settings.

I will try that...I just don't understand why this would be the default...the hybernation thing....you would think that the user would be able to adjust that to there needs..thats why I say I thought this was a policy issue.

Thanks alot

hmm, you make a good point, although I have not seen a policy setting that would control that. The only one related to that would be the enable/disable Possword promt after hibernation/ suspend. it's under user configuration/admin template/system/power management but that is the only one there for me. I might be missing an add in too though.

I saw that one as well, I will look into it

I do appreciate the time you have given me!!!

I will let you know if it works, Im thinking that nothing ever works the way its supposed to though..I setup the same network at home and had no problems!

well, because if a user logs in the changes are going to be local. God help you if a user can log in and changes made at the station effects the PDC!!! What a nightmare!

The user is not affecting the PDC, I was trying to find out why the user could not change the settings for their own working enviornment (locally)

These are regular users, but because of the problem (domain is not live yet) I have given then local admin, and domain user permissions. To see if that would help, but it doesn't.
The local admin can change the settings
The domain admin can change the settings
The user can not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom