does norton ghost work on vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bopol

Solid State Member
are there any issues w/ghosting vista?i want to dual boot but i dont have the vista installer coz it was pre-installed... can i ghost it just in case?or if i would overwrit vista w/xp can i still get vista back by using ghost?i havent used ghost by way but ve read how it works... thanks much

After you install Ghost, when you want to make an image of your hard drive, it will reboot your machine and perform its image creation before Windows starts.

You'll need a second hard drive or network drive to save your image to. You can use a DVD also, but that's only if you don't have much data on the disk you're imaging.

If you only have one hard drive, you'll need to repartition it into at least two partitions to dual boot XP and Vista. Make sure the partition you designate for Vista is large enough to hold all the data you currently have on your hard drive.

After you install Ghost, when you want to make an image of your hard drive, it will reboot your machine and perform its image creation before Windows starts.
You can create an image while in Windows. I've done it numerous times, and yes, it works.

thanks... i already have 2 partitions on my hard drive and i also have an external HD... guess il go ahead and Ghost the drive now...again, much thanks :D

No Problem =).

Ah, nice. I haven't worked with the newest versions of Ghost, so it's good to see they built this functionality in.
Ah, yeah.. .if you have an older version of Ghost you won't be able to make an image within Windows. I have Ghost 9, and I'm able to do it within Windows with it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom