Does downloading slow down PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, downloading decreases system performance, it runs a little slower while downloading. (not noticable on modern comps) Every program slows down your comp. Not over time, only when downloading.

When I am connected to the Internet I get noticable lower benchmark scores than when I am not connected. This really is a problem with dial-up connections, but when I was on broadband it happened as well to some extent.

if you use a downlaod manager or a software like p2p it could slow your pc quite a bit depending on your download. If you have an HT technology or anyhting like that it shoudn't be a problem

Nothing could make your computer slower over time unless you get a virus or spyware. You still have the same hardware as you had before you did it LOL!!!!

Your system will degrade over time with normal use.Installing and uninstalling programs memmory leaksbadly writen software all sorts of things will slow down your computer.If you dont believe me reformat and reinstall your OS and see how much faster it runs.I do it every 6 months.

splats right. with the amount of stuff that can latch itself onto your registries and processees, I reformat every two months, sometimes one month depending on performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom