Does anyone use Tune Up Utilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
Or any other optimizer/diagnostic tools? I have all the IMO best spyware scanners/protection but still I like to keep my PC in as best health as possible. I've had 4 or 5 crashes in the last couple of days, as well as restart problems I've had for quite a while. I looked on the CNET download website last night for a program that would clean out the registry and get rid of junk files etc AND is spoken highly of by all reviewers. I found Tune Up Utilities and it seems everyone who uses it loves it. Upon doing the registry cleaner it found HUNDREDS of outdated entries. I'm extremely cautious about deleting this kind of stuff so only delete stuff I'm absoloutely positive I don't need. It also defgrags the registry. Seems an excellent program from what I've seen so far. Are there any other users out there, and if not what optimizers/diagnostics/system utilities do you use? I, for one would be open to any recommendations. :)

I concur with ^^. That, and I use a batch file that automatically deletes my Local User Temp, Local User Temporary Internet Files, and System Temp. It works efficiently.

On doing the registry check with Tune Up Utilities it's amazing how many leftover files are in there. I think it found like 500 and something outdated entries :eek: I only deleted the ones I KNEW were safe to get rid of. I still find myself wishing there was ONE program that did EVERYTHING to ensure reinstallation of Windows etc wouldn't be needed. Maybe one day hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom