Does anyone know how to customize IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Does anyone know how to customize IE? I want to add MSN Search and Hotmail tabs to the buttons area. I dont want it as a toolbar. I have plenty of room to add them, also the with new tabed browsing, it adds another bar, making the screen smaller. What software do it need, how do I edit IE?

Wjhy do you want to edit IE? I figured someone as smart as you would not even be using IE anymore, but Mozilla or other browser.

I think you can get a program called TweakIE (Instead of TweakUI) I THINK! I know there are tweak programs to do it, the easy amateur way. ;) I will try to locate a tweak utility for you.

I dont like any other web browser. I've tried them all, IE loads much more quickly, I like the interface, etc. I have no problems with spyware, viruses, etc. I've always used IE and will never change. I'll look into that program.

Yeah, Firefox loads up very very slow regardless of the machine I am on. But that is minor for me. I hardly get any popups or anything, and I certainly dont get those random software installation windows, that if you accidently hit install, you are going to spend the next 3 hours unloading spyware from your comptuer. Thats what I like about mozilla, dosent use ActiveX so there are no ActiveX exploits to exploit. I completely understand your reasoning behind IE. If it works, why change? If it aint broke don't fix it. But we are IT guys, and that goes against everything we stand for. Hell, if it aint broke, FIX IT TILL IT IS!!! I forget where I saw that.

With the slow loading? It really didnt, I'm on 1.0.4 right now and it still takes a few seconds before it loads. Quite annoying...

Yeah.. I don't understand why people allow Active X controls to be downloaded from every random site... I use both browsers actually.. Firefox gives me more feedback re: secure sites and such.. And its nice how their turn around time for fixes is much faster than with MS..

Occasionally I will run into things that wont work with Firefox, in which case I use IE. But thsoe are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom