Does any1 know some JavaScript code for a forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I want to make a forum on my site which I will hopefully get done by next year. My web hosting doesn't support PHP or ASP so do any of you guys have some Java Script code for a forum? I can edit it myself and make it look like I want it, I just need the code. I see you guys have u'r own forum so you might know. Anything that would help is appreciated. Thanx ;)

I would get another hosting plan. It will be a hell of a job to create a javascript forum. I don't even know if that's possible.

Why would you you want a Javascript code for a forum (if it's at all possible) when they make free forum codes like phpBB which you can get on www.phpbb.com .

-Dan The Man

Why would you you want a Javascript code for a forum

Because , his webhost does not support PHP :p

Yeah, its possible to have javascript-database connectivity , but it seems to have limited options. PHP rocks with databases and yeah, go with the 'major's' idea of getting some webhost that supports php.

It is immpossible to have a javascript forum because it is run on your end. Perl, Asp, and PHP for example, the script runs on the server and sends the html to you. There are free hosts that support free scripting like php and perl, you just have to look. You might have to run your forum seperatly from the server your website is on if your go the free way.

<CENTER>
<form name="form2" onSubmit=null>

<input type="submit" name="banner" VALUE=".......THANX ALOT.......">
</form>
</CENTER>

<script language="JavaScript">
// Copyright 1998 Jon Eyrick - action1@vfr.net
// http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/4155/
// I do not take full credit for this script, I only made half of this..
var id,pause=0,position=0;
function banner() {
// variables declaration
var i,k,msg=" Submit Submit Submit Submit Submit";
// increase msg
k=(60/msg.length)+1;
for(i=0;i<=k;i++) msg+=" "+msg;
// show it to the window
document.form2.banner.value=msg.substring(position,position+60);
// set new position
if(position++==msg.length) position=0;
// repeat at entered speed