Does all versions fo XP have the repair option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
Ok I work for a very small computer company and he uses a OE copy of XP he told me to do installs. You never have to input a serial key. But one day a computer came in with the BOOTMGR missing error. And most of the time I will just do a reload on it, but I have never used the repair option or the ASR before. And I decided I would like to learn how to do it, and acquire new skills. When I put the cd in and try to do the ASR it asks for a floppy so I couldnt do that, but I wanted to press "r" to do a repair but it never came up. I tried the xp cd into 5 other machines that worked fine and still never got the repair option. What is up with that?

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

The first screen takes you to the Recovery Console which you should use to fix a boot manager problem with the fixboot and fixmbr commands. You click install at the first screen and at the second screen after it finds the install of XP you hit "R" to do a repair install.

You still have a bit more to learn in that aspect. The Repair feature is there.

Thanx for the links and help :) Yea I tried the fixboot and all the other commands, and even tried to just repair it from setup. Had no luck so I believe this is a reload, I will try it next time I see this issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom