Does all old software work on Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
Hey everyone I was just wondering if Vista has backwards capability with software? Basically how Win XP can run programs designed for Windows 98. If so how far back does it have? Becuase currently I'm not running really anything on my computer besides the OS and Office 2007.

I have had little to no problems running older apps. Some apps have had to be updated but they are all being done or are already done. Zone Alarm has their Firewall in Beta right now. Avast is already compatable. The list goes on.

The Wiki is good but it doesnt have everything. It says BitDefender istn compatable but they have already upgraded their software. It also says NOD32 version 2.51, with version 3 already out and fully compatable why would you use version 2.51? It shows McAfee who has also updaed their software.

So as you see many things do work. Some applicaiton just require an update. you say you jsut run the OS and Office 2007. Both are fully compatable with each other.

As far as having an actual compatibility list that's out for lunch at the present time. The dual boot of Vista with XP found that several older games and AVG as well as Ad-Aware, Spyware Terminator, and other older programs including Roxio's Easy Media Creator 8 went right on.

Some newer games like Metal of Honor: Allied Assault won't even install. And the software for the MCE model tv tuner card needs a new software. It's trial and error time again like origianlly seen with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom