do you think macs are more stable than even Windows XP?

Are you cutting you landline for your Mobile

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a few months, when prices drop even more.

• Not until reception is better and I can get broadband internet on my mobile

• No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sPlAtOiD said:
Macs might be stable but try to find parts to build one or repair one. And wait for 3 to 6 months for all the games and apps to come out.I dont care how stable it is give it to me and I well have to reformat and reinstall within 3 months because I can screw up a computer faster than anyone I know.Thats why I learnd how to fix my own.HE HE
actually Mac's have AGP and their own version of PCI, on top of thast you can add DDR or SDRAM (whatever the mobo suports)

sPlAtOiD said:
Macs might be stable but try to find parts to build one or repair one. And wait for 3 to 6 months for all the games and apps to come out.I dont care how stable it is give it to me and I well have to reformat and reinstall within 3 months because I can screw up a computer faster than anyone I know.Thats why I learnd how to fix my own.HE HE
I thought that the King of 'screwing up' computers was me. I've had my iMac for almost three years and I have never had to reinstall or reformat anything. But with my P1 Dell and my Dad's HP Pavilion; I've had to do (God knows how many) reformats and reinstalls on the dell, and two or three on the HP.

I'm saying that I choose the mac because it causes no trouble for me whereas the PC's in my family are usually the cause of my headaches and anxieties. However; I do give PC's kudos for making it so easy for me to open them up and mess with their o-so-special technology.:p

youre an idiot, the particles on the HDD platters are energized by the computers PSU, it is not possible to make them "lose" this charge as it is recharged every time the computer is turned on, the only thing that making them lose the charge would do is format the HDD, it is not possible for software to destroy hardware

First thing, Dethangel, that is not entirely true. For example, if software can bypass all the system driver settings, it can do things like setting a CRT display to such a Refresh rate it cannot handle, therefore possibly damaging the monitor. Internal speakers can be destroyed by software bypassing all the system rules and limits and sending sound through to the internal speaker at such a high volume (power level of the throughput) that the speaker diaphram will break. Drivers and limits in options are meant to prevent things like this.

Ok. I am definitly a Mac fan. However, due to an exceptional deal I got through having certain...shall we say...connections, I purchased a Dell Inspiron 8200. However, I have no doubt that my next computer will be a Mac. Macintosh is in nearly everyway a better system. For one thing, the hardware and OS both look far better. The OS is headache free and aside from being better in general, has so many small things that make it far more convenient, enjoyable, and hassle-free to use. While I will not deny that Windows XP/2000 is the best OS microsoft has come out with so far, it does not meet my pressure. I too, seem to end up reformating every three months (seem to be a lot here who do so too :laughing: ), and I pick up plenty of viruses, spyware and adware all the time.

I am frankly surprised that about 33% of the people who voted chose Windows. Perhaps that would be different had there been an impartial option, or maybe an option for Linux lovers.

I often find that people who hate Macs often really do not know much about them.

Just my say for now...(I do have much more.........MUCH more if anyone actually wants to hear)

The thing is...many more programs support it then many people think...and that is not why they are more stable. Windows XP has even proven unstable due to crashes caused by software made by Microsoft themselves: OfficeXP!

Simply put, the Mac OS is actually the most stable and, yes, even most secure OS out there. if anyone had done any real research on this topic they'd see that. I know that there was a very deep study in the flaws of all OSes and Windows was in the high 3 digits, Linux in the lower 3 digits, and Mac in the 2 digits. I can't remember what it was called or when it was done, but it was recent and I DO know it's somewhere on slashdot

And as far as the cussing and screaming portion of this post goes, people who are trying to start flamewars over "MY SYSTEM IS BETTER!!!" Are worthless and have no place on a tech board, we're all here for the same purpose, so shutup and just try to find certain parts in people's comments you disagree with, rather than screaming at the person without reason to do so.

Macs are the best OSes
Linux in a (close) second.
Windows last.

Windows would be amazing if microsoft didn't rush the releases of everything, and it isn't Bill Gates' fault because he doesn't run the company anymore, Steven Ballmer does.

spfd said:
macs are more stable cuz most programs dont support it ^_^

How would that affect it's stability? Every computer at my school is a PC with the average software package. Word, IE, WMP, etc... My iMac (rated at 500 mhz against the PC's 2Ghz) full of adobe software, iTunes, iMovie, IE, Safari, all sorts of games and etc... freezes less than the PC's if not never. So that statement right up there, makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom