DLL Error, Will not load windows. Boot loader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
This is on my buddy's computer; an Intel E4200 (IIRC), with a GB MoBo.

I JUST did a fresh install on his computer because he loaded it down with viruses from pRon sites, and then got ticked and kicked it because it wouldn't load windows... -He's an idiot...

Anyway... I did a fresh install, now abotu two weeks later, he said it started acting up again and it isn't loading windows.. There's an error after the POST saying " *****.dll file missing."

I JUST thought of this... he asks me to do stuff, and then complains about my work a week later... But knowing him, he was probably -TRYING- to delete what ever I put there, and he probably deleted one of the System 32 files or one of the dll files. I'd betcha that's what happened... He really ticks me off.... :freak: He put the system together, but doesn't know ANYTHING about what goes on in there.. When I wiped his system last, I found his board driver CD still in the SEALED envelope. The only drivers he seemed to have installed was the one for his printer.. I told him, you're lucky it ran for as long as it did, like that... (2.5 years)

But anyway... Why all of a sudden is this system not loading windows?? It's just a run of the mill, typical PC with nothing really special and it's not overclocks, on a stock cooler.

Need to know what the missing DLL is. It could be the hal.dll which would be a boot failure, but if it is something with the system32 files like you think it is, it will require a reinstall yet again.

This is on my buddy's computer; an Intel E4200 (IIRC), with a GB MoBo.

I JUST did a fresh install on his computer because he loaded it down with viruses from pRon sites, and then got ticked and kicked it because it wouldn't load windows... -He's an idiot...

Anyway... I did a fresh install, now abotu two weeks later, he said it started acting up again and it isn't loading windows.. There's an error after the POST saying " *****.dll file missing."

I JUST thought of this... he asks me to do stuff, and then complains about my work a week later... But knowing him, he was probably -TRYING- to delete what ever I put there, and he probably deleted one of the System 32 files or one of the dll files. I'd betcha that's what happened... He really ticks me off.... :freak: He put the system together, but doesn't know ANYTHING about what goes on in there.. When I wiped his system last, I found his board driver CD still in the SEALED envelope. The only drivers he seemed to have installed was the one for his printer.. I told him, you're lucky it ran for as long as it did, like that... (2.5 years)

But anyway... Why all of a sudden is this system not loading windows?? It's just a run of the mill, typical PC with nothing really special and it's not overclocks, on a stock cooler.

What irony I see there ! He kicked it and now no booting ! :p I have no advice to add to Mak's except that he may want to :

1) Take it easy on the pRon
2) Stop having hissy fits and taking out on the very computer you are trying to FIX
3) Realize what a good (and patient) friend he has in you, and that he should stop cricizing you, because if he can do BETTER, then he should leave you alone about it.

^ I actually LOL'd at that one.. I didn't realize... :D "No booting" LOL

Uuugh... I'm gonna look at it this weekend.. I was starting to think it was a possible HDD failure.. And just out of curiosity, what's wrong if a HDD won't format all the way during install? It was freezing at around 32%, and would only take a QUICK format. I worked on a laptop, once, that was doing the same thing..

That tells me that the read/write head is bouncing and the drive is starting to fail. With the sound of what happened, i wouldnt be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom