Originally posted by RavishingRocket
when i go to start some progs and games i get an error that says......The procedure entry point DdEntry1 could not be located in the dynamic library GDI32.dll. Wtf is this? I had just did a repair install of win2k and now i get this error when starting progs and games. how can i fix this? thanks
Same problem, same repair install, but solution found!
I did a search with google and there was the solution:
The Microsoft(r) setup of DirectX 9b has a bug during
the installation of d3d8thk.dll
In fact, in the dxnt.cab
, part of the DirectX 9b installation,
and, for Windows2000, d3d8thk.w2k
Because of the bug, the installation procedure installs the wrong file.
How to do?
1) - Obtain d3d8thk.w2k (i.e. extracting it from dxnt.cab)
2) - Copy it into \WINNT\System32
3) - Boot PC and, when asked, press F8
4) - Select Safe mode with command prompt
5) - Wait......long time!... until login window appears
6) - Log in as Administrator
7) - when command prompt appears, change to \WINNT\System32
8) - Execute DEL d3d8thk.dll
9) - Execute REN d3d8thk.w32 d3d8thk.dll
10)- Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Shutdown and Restart -> DONE!