Displaying turning off, not turning back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Hello.

I thought I had my computer fixed untill this morning when I woke up,

I turned the monitor off last night with my ATI remote wonder before I went to sleep.
When I woke up I turned on my monitor but it wouldnt display anything.

I have the latest drivers for the remote and my Graphics card (Gigabyte ATI radeon 9600XT) and my harddrive was recently formated and windows installed so I dont know what is wrong.

It doesnt look like my computer has crashed since there are no system messages as to why the monitor wouldnt display.

Could this be a problem with my graphics card? maybe not enough power from the PSU to it? I allready know my PSU sucks and have orderd a new one from Antec.

Thanks

im thinking it has something to do with the Remote lol.. it didnt do this before I got the remote.

I will turn the display off manually tonight and see what happens in the morning.

Thnx

It happend again this morning when the screen saver was on.

I had a look at the error reports in ACEEvent log and found some interesting information.

I am getting errors like.

0000000001: 2006-01-03 11:12:40:359 Exception <Runtime@676>: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.LOG.Foundation.Service.Service::ConnectToObjectImpl processID:03552 threadID:(CLISystemtray ) domainName:(CLI.exe ) assemblyName:(LOG.Foundation.Service, Version=1.2.2084.74, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
************************************************************************************************************************

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

so I looked up google on this information and found that it could be a problem with .net 2 and that .net2 has to be installed before Catalyst is installed which it wasnt so I uninstalled all .net's and catalyst then reinstalled .nets then catalyst I also uninstalled the remote and reinstalled it.

I am getting the errors still but it hasnt crashed yet.

Anyone else had this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom