Display Properties, Desktop tab freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan

Baseband Member
Hello. I am having very strange issues. Basically, I went to go change my desktop and when I right clicked on the desktop and clicked properties, the box came up as it should. I clicked on "Desktop", and it just froze. I tried again and again and got the same thing. I tried removing a bunch of stuff from my desktop, which worked. But it started happening again about 5 minutes ago. I drag/dropped a picture onto my desktop, worked perfectly fine. Removed the image, the freezing started again.

I'm really confused what's up with this. I was told to upgrade my video driver, but that didn't do anything. It seems to work fine on other user accounts, but mine still has the problem...

I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3

EDIT: It's really weird because it keeps changing. I just tried it without the picture and it works again... weird. Anyone know anything of this problem? I tried Googling it, but it just came up with unsolved threads.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think I can move my whole account, since I have a ton of documents on it which would take literally forever to move.

Any other suggestions? I'm also afraid that it will still give me the problem on the new account as well.

Alright, I know that it isn't my user. I did what that page said and copied the documents from one user to another, and guess what, when I try to go to the new user, they have the same exact problem.

Then it is something you have installed within your profile that is causing this. As the other profiles are fine, it is just yours that experiences this problem.

Then it is something you have installed within your profile that is causing this. As the other profiles are fine, it is just yours that experiences this problem.

No. I made another user and copied all the stuff from the previous user, and it gave me the same problem on the new user. I'm thinking about JUST moving the my documents folder, and just change everything to how it was on the old one.

Yes. Make a new user, try it out. It will work. Which means that it is something specific within your profile that is causing this corruption. It is also getting transferred when you copied it. It is something specific to your profile since it is not being carried over to other users.

Okay. I'm just transferring the My Documents to the new account, since I honestly don't care about the start-up menu/preferences. I can easily re-apply those myself.

Unfortunately, that did not work. Once I moved all my documents to the new account, the freezing problem started. I'm considering a reformat, since lately I've been having problem after problem after problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom