Display manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

and_woox

Baseband Member
I was searching for a display manager but to no avail.
I have an extra display for my computer that is connected only sometimes and windows xp has a hard time figuring out the proprer configuration for the displays when i add the extra one
(it mixes the drivers for my primary display with the extra one and dont recognize the displays properly making it necessary to reconfigure the main display again).
Do you know a program that manages multiples displays making it more viable to connect and disconnect displays on the computer?
Thank you

I connect it through vga and dvi but it doesnt matter how i connect it, the displays mix up.
Do you know what could be happening?

Thank you for the suggestion, but the program didnt work(it basicaly took the mixed up configuration from the windows xp).
Do you know what could be happening?

There is no way to do it. The onyl way to do it properly is to stop extending the desktop BEFORE you remove the 2nd monitor and then extend it to the 2nd monitor AFTER you plug the monitor back in.

The way you are doing it is causing conflicts with the system cause it doesnt know which is the primary once you hook up the 2nd monitor. There is no software that controls the displays the way you want. Not even ATi or nVidia's Control Panel does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom