<Disk Drive>:/ Is not a valid win32 application

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallguy22

Solid State Member
First of all, i really didn't know where to post this topic. It's a software troubleshoot.

I get this message when I try to put Madden NFL 08 in my disk drive--"F:/ is not a valid win32 application."

When i explore the CD and its contents, and click on the AUtorun.exe (or any other application on the disc), i get a similar message. I reformatted my Hard drive and it worked. But recently, i moved folders around after the formatting, and it gave me this message again. (This has only been a problem with my Madden CD). I don't want to have to reformat. Creating a new directory and moving the game's folders into it wasn't smart, as it probably messed up some files.

I uninstalled the game, so that's not the problem. I also found all stray files and deleted them.

Thanks for the help.
Tallguy22

Well you cant just move the folder that it creates upon install and think nothing would happen. Install teh game where you want it first to prevent this.

Have to get a Registry cleaner like CCleaner to try and clean out the registry files for the game. After that install teh game to where you want it. If you dont then LEAVE the folder where it is. If you move it at all you will get this as the executable to run the program will not be where it is expected and cause this again.

I ran that CCleaner program and I am still encountering the same problem. The error message is coming up when i insert my TIger Woods 07 and this is the first time to try installing that game.

I searched "Madden 08" on all drives and deleted anything i could find to completely get rid of the program. Still has the same error message. Is there a way to fix anything by putting in my XP install disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom