Beta member
Ok, heres the dillio. My boot order is as follow

(1)CD-ROM
(2)Hard Drive
(3)Floppy (dont even have one)

Now Heres my configuration

x2 Hard drives
x1 Cd Rom

1x 74GB 10k SATA Raptor (primary boot hard drive)
1x 40GB 5.2k IDE

Both of my hard drive have windows on it. Installed windows on my raptor and left windows installed on my older hard drive and kept it in there for the extra storage. Well NOW my computer only boots up correctly when I have the windows XP cd in. (Granted I dont have to boot off of it) it just has to be in the ROM drive. These are both windows XP home installations.

So ya if I take the windows cd out I will instantely get the disk boot failure, insert system disk. But when I put it in windows boots up like normal after it says: " do you want to boot off cd press any button to continue......." I just push nothing and everything is cool.

I really need to get this fixed so definetly any sudgestions or fixes would be great im desperate. If I absouletly have to reformat my 40 GB drive I will. this error needs to stop

Did you use the older HDD as the main drive when you installed Windows on the Raptor?
I think you are missing the MBR. Put in the XP CD and go into the Recover Console. See if you can do the fixboot and fixmbr commands if that will do anything for you.

Yes

Yes I used an old hard drive as my main boot drive. At first it complained that boot order has changed then I got the error. and like I said from now on when I start my computer the windows CD needs to be in or im SOL

Thanks for the reply I think im understanding what ur talking about now but how do I go about changing that. I looked at my "msconfig" boot order do I need to mess with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom