Disk Boot Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHWynter

Beta member
I am having the same problem, just a different scenario.

I rebooted my computer today and got the following message.

"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND HIT ENTER."

So, I inserted my Vista DVD into my DVD ROM Drive and got the error that fryc86 got.

Except it didn't list a file as being bad. It just gave me the error.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

I believe you boot to the DVD, which has the MBR tools to fix the boot record on Vista.

So use the computer you are using now to download and burn that utility.

Because there isnt just the Recovery CD method listed there.

Manually Repairing the Vista Bootloader
Nuclear Holocaust

That is step 3 and 4. Which you basically do it manually. CD/DVD only required for part of it. Like to get to the CMD prompt.

Because there isnt just the Recovery CD method listed there.

Manually Repairing the Vista Bootloader
Nuclear Holocaust

That is step 3 and 4. Which you basically do it manually. CD/DVD only required for part of it. Like to get to the CMD prompt.

OK. I must really be dense. How can I get to a command prompt when I am receiving the error when I try to use my Vista DVD? I never get the option to go to a command prompt.

Now, backing up, I have downloaded the EASYBCD software. If I install it on the computer that I am on, then hook my troubled hard drive up via an external USB case, can I use EasyBCD to fix the Bootloader that way?

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound dense. As I said, I'm sick and I am definitely not 100% when it comes to the thinking department right now so I am being extra cautious so I don't screw up my only working computer.

Go to that link. Click on the section that says with the Vista DVD. You just ahve to get the DVD loaded to the very first part. There is also a way with EasyBCD listed. There are so many options listed in there. It is all explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom