Disc Archiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I hate having to fish out discs every time I want to play a game. Is there anyway to not have to do that? I thought the point of Daemon Tools was to circumvent Securom and stuff like that. Why doesn't it work? It still says I need to insert the disc when I try to run the game from an image I ripped from the disc. I use ISO Recorder v3 (google Alex Feinman to find it).

Hello,

Such matters are borderline against our rules. Since these matters can be used for illegal purposes.

No these tools were not meant to get around any kind of security. They were noly means to run a game without a disc. But now that newer games require the disc for security reason's you have to find a NoCD patch for the games you own.

Cheers,
Mak

Like Mak said, this is borderline against our rules. Since you could effectivly buy a disk, and sell the "image" on to your friends.
Older games you could, but since games are now encrypted and such it is much more difficult to do so dispite your ethically legal intentions.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Well, I was hoping for a more legit way to do it. Sometimes the NoCD patches makes the game unstable, I understand. But I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks all for your help :)

Thanks carnageX. That was very helpful :)

Technically NoCD's are legit (IMO, anyway), if you own the game... Although some companies don't like you using them, and its against their ToS.

No problem, glad I could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom