disable right clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. However I have located a loop when I was "playing" because I am actually a member of the IT department but not employed but as a learner. And my job is to find loops and linchpins that could bring the server down. This linchpin involved the right click that is why I had it disabled by the admins however I would like to know this as well as I have a test server at home (Don't Ask) It's designed to record and log everything that goes on in this PC and other PC's in my household. I am the admin of this and it can be played with if someone manages to bypass my 60 firewalls which I set in place lol. Hey what can I say I am a security nut. But if they manage it then there goes my PC's as this server has super admin access to EVERY PC in the house. If it didn't the whole thing wouldn't work.

PS: The schools server is an active directory meaning all they have to do is edit something on their end and then everyone is affected except them :(

And yes they are running XP pro on some PC's and Windows 7 pro on others although we are currently waiting for funding to get more windows 7 pro disks.

And I thought I was worried about security.
You'll be safer with a linux server. Windows isn't known for security, not that I think any *nix distro is bullet proof. Just better security

I was going for linux but I haven't used it before and have 0 experience with it whatsoever and I don't like having a server that has everything I do back up on it I don't know how to use so anyone willing to teach me about linux?

And yes they are running XP pro on some PC's and Windows 7 pro on others although we are currently waiting for funding to get more windows 7 pro disks.

any institution like a school (the ISD Intermediate School District) would have the IT dept and they like any place the uses 100's of pc's would be using a VLK license and imaging the o.s's, so no disks involved

I was going for linux but I haven't used it before and have 0 experience with it whatsoever and I don't like having a server that has everything I do back up on it I don't know how to use so anyone willing to teach me about linux?

Jayce would be the best to help you. He helped me out a lot, as well as me helping him. I go for the more obnoxious stuff. :p

I'll PM you his email, that way he can get back to you faster. ;)

Thanks guys. And secondly imaging Os's is not as time fast as people think. Our server is a lot of data compressed down into 30 gigs so imaging it doesn't work. Plus its not encrypted but has 60 firewalls based through out the admin sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom