DirectX | System.Dll | Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianX10

Baseband Member
systemdll2jj.jpg

Alright, a select few games, (Mainly Dungeon Siege 1, and Silkroad tweaks), Are having problems running occasionally.

- Silkroad Online quits if I put the graphics to anything higher than LOW / 800x600.

- Dungeon Siege 1 wont even initialize ANY graphics other than the menu, just crashes.

I'm almost POSITIVE Dungeon Siege is failing because of that, because the error was DirectX related, and I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say the other game is too. Everything else seems to be working fine though, which is odd.

Ive tried reinstalling DirectX, it just says, COMPONENT ALREADY INSTALLED. And I'm fairly sure I need XPLite to be able to fully uninstall and reinstall.

Please Help!!!

Unistall Direct X then reinstall it

Also to be safe put in your Windows XP CD you got when you got the computer or install XP origanally and boot to it. From there choose the recovery console or repair windows.

Yeah but you need the FULL version of XPLite to uninstall DX, and i thing thats only the trial without paying. Ill try the UDX tool though. And if I do a windows repair, I wont lose any files will I, because I cant afford to lose any files, and dont have time atm to backup over such a stupid thing as Dungeon Siege not running :p.

Edit: Yeah I have to go for now, but I'll get my XP cd and try that later thanks, also, do you think that system.dll could be causing problems?

Question, I have Windows XP Professional, but I can only find a Home CD lying around my house at the moment, will a home disc work?

Alright, I found the disc [Pro], booted from it, hit [REPAIR], and it opened the windows system recovery prompt, whiched seemed to be your everyday average DOS prompt, :S.

So I restarted, uninstalled DirectX with XPLite, and reinstalled it, now Im back to 9.0a (the furthest I can get at the moment.)

The "System.DLL" error message is gone now when I run DXDIAG, it says no problems found, but I still have the same problems with my games. Wtf? This is the error message, still AFTER reinstalled directX:

ffdfs7mt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom