DirectX 9.0c rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Microsoft's incompatability with it's own software is torquing me off pretty good.

I went to microsoft's own website and downloaded it's own version of DX9.0c and tried to install it on my own copy of microsoft's own XP Home and come to find out that DX9.0c has NOT been passed by windows testing and therefore will NOT install on my computer.

I tired to install a couple times, I tried deleting the EXE and then redownloading it, now I'm downloading the whole thing, not just the crappy installer, from download.com and hopefully that will work.

[/rant]

EDIT: oh yeah, this is for my AMD machine, on my comp in my sig, DX9.0c installed fine after two tries.

P.S. I tired again with the new download and it didn't work either. I was logged on as administrator and there was no option to continue with the installation like there is on my other computers even when a program hasn't passed windows testing.

ohGrFreak,

Better check out the error in the Microsoft site . It doesn't look like there is an error with the DX file. Might be some software blocking direct X installation..

Well, I use the same scanning stuff on both comps, McAfee AV, ZA firewall, Spybot, Adaware. The only thing different, is prolly the version of XP Home and the fact that I used Firefox as my browser on the comp in question. And poo, I just checked and the AMD comp has SP2, that is a BIG difference there.

Oh and, intercodes, it's the same error I get when I update my drivers that haven't went through windows testing either. It's a basic error and won't neccessarily pertain to any one certain program. It's just that on any other computer I use, there is an option to go ahead with the install even if the program hasn't passed windows testing.

Try going to : http://www.download.com/Microsoft-D...butable/3000-2121_4-10305889.html?tag=lst-0-4 and downloading it.It says that this program cannot be uninstalled so you have to create a system restore point.You can do that by going to Start-All Programs-Accessories-System tools and then click on System Restore and create one.I think having 651 posts you already know what System Restore is.If not,it creates a point like how ur computer is currently and if u muff up ur computer then u can go back there and then click it and your computer will be like how it was before.
IMPORTANT NOTE:You have to create a System Restore point before you download/install the DirectX 9.0C.I think it is DirectX 9.0C but I am unsure about the "drivers" part but still,its worth downloading.

Yeah, that's where I downloaded it from the second time I tried. I use my system's automated system restore checkpoints too. Oh well, it's for my step daughters, they wanted to play the NFSU2 demo and they are not allowed to touch the new computer, they'll just have to wait, LOL.

AlexRider_MI6 said:
It says that this program cannot be uninstalled so you have to create a system restore point.

damn, i knew thats why i was leery of installing it, but i had to because NFSU2 needed it for its full install (not just for the demo). i sure hope i never need to uninstall it or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom