Not open for further replies.

UA_Iron

Daemon Poster
DirectX 10.cab

I posted this in the off topic forum

Its a cab file - google how to install

I havent tried it yet, some peopel have and say its working

run it through an antivirus just in case

you didn't have to do that... the moderators can move it themselves.... but i'm still very impressed... any ideas how to install it? (not that i can use it.. )

*yawn*

Okay let me explain this again. This wont make DX10 work on XP. All this does is allow you to run expirements with DX10 on XP. It isnt fully functional nor will it allow your games to be DX10 in XP. So unless you want to run trials of what DX10 could be like on your XP install this is pointless and useless.

To build and run an example:
  • Go to the Microsoft DirectX SDK folder, Samples, C++, Direct3D10, Tutorials, Tutorial12
  • Double-click “Tutorial12_2005.sln”
  • Select “Start Without Debugging” from the Debug menu.
There are a number of known issues with most of the tutorials, but they will all work to some extent. Tutorial 12 is currently the recommended example.

Notice how it says run Tutorials. It does NOT allow DX10 on XP. Not fully functional nor workign with any games. They can not and will never be able to reproduce every M$ has done with DX10 in Vista for XP. Only M$ will be able to do that.

Can we PLEASE stop posting this now???

Hmm well I don't really want to get into an arguement here but just wanted to point this out...You said DX10 for WinXP wouldn't run games in DX10 or something like that...Then why does it also say this:

Directx 10 for XP is wanted from long time. An alpha version of it is available now. It is said to work for Windows XP and gamers should be able to play directx 10 compatible games like they play in vista. Alky Project has released a preview of Alky compatibility libraries for Microsoft DirectX 10 enabled games. This can be used for Windows Operating system other than Vista to play games which requires Directx 10. This project was aimed to make DirectX 10 compatible games to run on Non Vista operating systems.

Well let me state this again. They can not reproduce the engine the runs the textures or basically anything that run in DX10. They are all closed source built from M$. All they can do is basically hack the games and allow them to run in XP. I can bet you that the games will run and look better in Vista with DX10 than XP.

Reason 1. DX10 is in Vista and not some hacked version.
Reason 2. The games are desinged for XP. Not hacked to run on XP.

Just like the games that are designed for XP run better on XP.:eek: :eek:

Shocking I know. When people finally realize that a hack job is no substitue for the real thing. Then we can talk. Thinking that some people were able to reverse engineer the whole DX10 system with the textures and all. Sorry. If that was the case they would be able to reverse engineer Vista itself and make a better OS. I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Well, first, what do you mean by textures? I've worked with some 3D programming and the textures are created by the game designer, not by MS (unless MS happens to be that particular game's designer).

Secondly, maybe the hack won't run and look as good as DX10 in Vista, but maybe it will run and look better than DX9 in XP. If so, it is still beneficial to XP users, but not to the point of getting rid of Vista and reinstalling XP.

Didn't we already have this thread? And aren't WE STILL waiting on peoples screen shots as proof?! (Cough hmmamm)
Anyways we don't need two..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom