DirectX 10 for Windows XP...download

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont know what the big deal is. If your running enough ram and have a half up to date PC vista runs fine. The switch was 10x less painless that re-installing xp. I wont touch XP with a stick anymore. lmao

I use Vista, but the big deal is that people don't want to shell out that much money when XP works just fine. Some people just don't have the extra money.

Theres other means to obtain things as well. Depends on your morals I guess. But if it's just that people are nitpicking for faults just because they don't want to say i cant/don't want to afford it >.> yeesh.

I do understand the whole microsoft tryign to railroad people into vista thing and why that would make people angry. I guess I just decided not to be surprised by microsoft anymore and stopped caring so much lol.

I still dont know what the big deal is. If your running enough ram and have a half up to date PC vista runs fine. The switch was 10x less painless that re-installing xp. I wont touch XP with a stick anymore. lmao
* Vista is slower
* file copying, from one hard drive to another, often will only reach just over one megabyte per second. And copying to a USB drive will struggle to reach a few hundred kilobytes per second
* Vista is much less controllable
* Vista has very annoying features. You disable UAC, and the security center complains. You disable the security centre, and the OS complains.
* network transfer speeds are slower
* it boots up slower
* it takes up a significant amount of hard drive space. (I have 2.4TB, and I still don't like it)

Windows XP with SP2 (or with SP3), simply works as it should.

some people have the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude. while others have the "it's new I want it" attitude. We know where Apokalipse is. :D

some people have the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude. while others have the "it's new I want it" attitude. We know where Apokalipse is. :D
I'm neither of those.

I'm the kind of person that wants to make things work the way I want them to, not what somebody else tells me I should have.

If they don't, I either look for something that does (not necessarily being new), or modify what currently works nearly the way I want it to, so that it will work exactly how I want it to.

And if it does work the way I want it to, I'll still pull it apart and find out how, and then make it work the way I want it to in a better way.

*edit*
hey, I'm one post off 11111 posts.
*edit*
11111posts.png

* Vista is slower
* file copying, from one hard drive to another, often will only reach just over one megabyte per second. And copying to a USB drive will struggle to reach a few hundred kilobytes per second
* Vista is much less controllable
* Vista has very annoying features. You disable UAC, and the security center complains. You disable the security centre, and the OS complains.
* network transfer speeds are slower
* it boots up slower
* it takes up a significant amount of hard drive space. (I have 2.4TB, and I still don't like it)

Windows XP with SP2 (or with SP3), simply works as it should.

I know Vista has its problems, but to be fair, I'll have to say that I haven't experienced some of these problems.
* I can copy to a USB drive much faster in Vista than I could in XP because XP didn't recognize that I had USB 2.0 slots, and I couldn't find any drivers anywhere to make it work. Vista recognized it OOTB and its USB speed is on par with my Ubuntu install, which is fast.

* I turned off UAC and security center warnings and now nothing ever complains. (who cares about security, right?)

* Mine boots up just as fast or faster than my XP did. It's just the shutdown that takes about 10 minutes for some reason.

I'm sorry you may have had these problems, but evidently it's not always like that.

Edit:
But if you have an older rig that won't run Vista, and you don't have the cash to upgrade, I can see why you would need XP support.

Edit:
But if you have an older rig that won't run Vista, and you don't have the cash to upgrade, I can see why you would need XP support.
I have an AMD 6000+, with 2GB RAM, an 8800 GTS 320MB card, Foxconn C51XEM2AA (Nforce 590, Nvidia's top AMD chipset) and a 74GB Raptor (10,000RPM)

so no, my system is not slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom