DirectX 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Hey guys, I just bought a laptop with Vista Premium that came with DX 10. Anyways, the issue is, whenever I put Effects Detail on Fable:the lost chapters anywhere above 0 the game freezes. Other then that it will play full settings,

Anyways, a friend at work say that DX 10 has issues where it is not fully compatible with DX 9.0c games, and once he removed DX 10 and installed DX 9.0c it worked perfectly.

Anyways, does anyone else have any input on this?

Any help is appreciated.

-Josh

There is some problems with this right now. DX10 can only emulate DX9. So sometimes errors occur. Get the DX9 runtime..
Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

Install this. It wont overwrite your DX10 install but will allow you to play DX9 games with little to no problems.

What performance has the laptop?
If it's the one you discribe in your signature, i don't think it's a hardware problem. Likely it's a Vista bug or something.

What performance has the laptop?
If it's the one you discribe in your signature, i don't think it's a hardware problem. Likely it's a Vista bug or something.
Why is everything a Vista bg with you? It isnt a Vista bug. This is a known emulation error with some DX9 cards trying to use DX10. It isnt a Vista bug it is a DX bug.

The solution i gave is the best knwn working solution for it. Just cause you dont like Vista doesnt mean the rest of the population has to dislike it as well. Stop trying to blame everyting on Vista.

Sorry to go off but my god. Everytime there is a thread like this you always chime in with the same thing. Vista bug. Vista sucks. We get it you dont like Vista.

Have you checked the Fable website to see if M$ has put out a Vista patch yet? It could jsut be waiting on that. As i said the solution igave is the best know fix. Since it didnt work you probably need a patch to get the Effects working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom