directIO.dll error, in desparate need of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepidboy

Beta member
Hey guys, I had the music program Logic installed on my system recently for the first time and changed some of the audio preferences. Now every time I try and use it, it crashes on the loading screen and I get the message-

"This application has failed to start because DirectIO.dll was not found. Re-installling may fix this problem."

followed by-

"DirectI/O: 'directIO.dll' or 'directIOlink.dll' not found."

I have tried re-installing many times, I re-installed directx 9 and ran directx diagnostics, also re-installed my soundcard drivers.... all to no avail.

When Logic's installed directIOlink.dll is in the folder but directIO.dll is nowhere to be found.

Any ideas would be so much appreciated!

amd 3.2 processor
presonus inspire soundcard
nvidia 6200 graphics card
1 gb ram.......... fraid they're the only specs i know.

edit- i googled this problem for hours before posting this and have been doing it for hours since. It sems to be a comon enough problem but with no solutions! There are people who are getting this message that can still use the program (logic, cubase or whatever) but i cant even do that. Having just spent £300 upgrading my computer for music making/recording purposes I am fairly peeved......... : - )

My advice to you if reinstalling Logic still isn't working would be to try a re-install / update of Direct X, as directIO.dl is part of the Input/Output libraries it uses.

The latest version is 9.0c, a quick Google search should find it for you.
Hope that solves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom