Direct x Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangs2000

In Runtime
Hey all,

I have just installed Rollercoaster Tycoon . When I ran the game, it came up with a "directX 9 not found" error. I tried to reinstall DX9 off the microsoft web site, it compleated but there was only three steps, Licence agreement, components are ready to be installed and the finaly screen. I remember that There should be a step where it downloads and you finally have to reboot.

I have now rolled back to DX8.1 using DXBuster and tried to install DX9, with the same thing as above but DXDiag says it is version 8.1 still.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2

Anyone got any ideas?

In a short answer, yes, but the installation "happens".

I am currently download the full DX9 off another site, that might work.

Also, in DXDiag, Under display it says DirectDraw acceleration, Direct 3d acc, and AGP Texture acc are "disabled".

All games worked fine yesterday, although I have not tried any today.

I have tried installing the lastest catalyst drivers (I have a 9800pro).

I have also tried installing in safe mode.

Any help would be appectiated

The download has just finished. I will try that in safe mode and normal, and edit this post with a response.

EDIT: Does the same thing as I described in the first post.

That is very wierd :confused: What I would do is keep using DirectX 8 until you get a game that requires DirectX 9 and when that happens, format your hard drive and start over from scratch.

-Dan The Man

I think Roller coaster Tyccon 3 requires DX9, since it comes up with the error " DirectX9 not found", even when I had DX9c installed.

I tried to reinstall DX9 off the microsoft web site, it compleated but there was only three steps, Licence agreement, components are ready to be installed and the finaly screen.

I remember that There should be a step where it downloads and you finally have to reboot.

By this I mean that by installing DX9c, It acts like it compleates BUT when I go to DXDIAG, it says it is still 8.1

I cannot successfully install ANY version of DirectX.

Is it possible to "force Install" direct x coping the individual files into the windows directory. I.e. not though a .exe file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom