Digital Picture recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavywx

In Runtime
I haver a old 3.5 floopy that i need to get some deleted pictures off of. Anyone have any susgestions on a really good software product to get the pics back.

get "recover my files" it isn't free so ya. But i just talked to somebody that used it and that program worked for him to recover a file off a floppy disk.

I used Recover My Files and it recovered all the pics but only a few were viewable. I'v tried verious software to try and view the images but can't. When I use the microsoft picture fax viewer, It says "no preview avaiable". When I tried to convert them to another format, the software said that they were not valid tiff format. Any Ideas on how to view these pics?

It depends on how they were recovered. Some recovery apps only recover them as certina file types. You then have ot use a photo application to open them and save them as a regular file type.

So you ight want to try opening them in GIMP and saving them again as a .gif, .jpg or whatever and see if it works then.

Well GIMP didn't work eather. The pics are from an old Sony digital camera that used a 3.5 inch floppy. I may have to turn to professional recovery to get them back and have them viewable also.

Yes that seems like the best option. Do you know what format those cameras used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom