Digital Magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
did you guys know many magazine's are using a new digital format for distribution? they distribute each monthly issue as a 20-30MB file and the user uses Zinio Reader to read them. works like PDF, but a bit cooler and easier to use. they are supposed to be "secure", but you can take a screenshot without any problems.

they allow you to distribute issues to a friend by email, but instead i have uploaded this month's issue of Computer Shopper so you guys can check this technology out. rather than emailing everyone a link you guys will have to download the 20MB file along with the zinio reader (15MB) to view it. i hope none of you guys are on 56k. open zinio and click the open file icon and select the "Computer Shopper - Feb-04.zno" file.

Download them here:

http://www.evozero.gamma.timdorr.com/zinio/

Hey E, that is pretty cool, I hadn't seen this before. Are there any other magazines that do this?

yeah guy on zinio.com they have a full listing of mags with pictures.

oh crap it seems it doesnt work unless you have an account with zinio which isn't free. now i see how this security works. if you want to view this please give me an email adress. its worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom