Digital Cameras & Windows Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver

Beta member
I recently installed Windows Server 2003 on one of my systems, and everything is running great with one exception: I am no longer able to import images from my digital camera.

My camera is Kodak DX4530, and on the Kodak site they say that they have no plans to release their EasyShare software for Windows Server 2003 anytime soon. Well to me this does not mean anything because I never used the EasyShare software to begin with, I just used the built in Windows XP image import program which launched whenever it identified the camera being plugged in.

In Windows Server 2003, when I plug the camera in, it indentifies, installs, and tells me it's operating normally. The only problem is there is no built in image import program (which makes sense), and the EasyShare software does not have a Windows Server 2003 version.

So here I am, stuck. I am wondering if there is any 3rd party software I could use to import the images, or any possible workaround I might consider. It sure is a pain to have to go over to another computer, import the images, and finally transfer them to this machine over the lan.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom