Difference Between Windows MUI and LIP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raziiq

Baseband Member
What is the Difference between Windows MUI(Multilingual User Interface) and LIP(Language Interface Pack)??

what are these both used for???

Windows MUI/LIP Knowledge Center

All your answers are here.

What is the difference between LIP and MUI?

The main difference is in the level of localization in comparison to MUI packages: LIP packages provide the desktop user with an approximately 80% localized user experience. In addition, LIP doesn't allow users to switch languages. Once a LIP is installed, all users using that machine will have the same User Interface (UI) language.

LIP relies on the same resource-loading technology MUI is built upon, and installs on top of the English version of Windows XP Professional (in most cases).

Waooo thanks , gr8 answer :)

then u might have the answer to my second question as to how to make my English Windows Vista Ultimate to read the Websites with Japanese fonts???

Use Google Translator? If you type in these sites thru google they might have a transltion available for you.

thanks for the advice , but dont wanna translate it , i just want to see the Site in Japanese fonts , infact i have a few softwares also that will work with only Japanese fonts , so need to get those Japanese Fonts Installed somehow

When we are staging equipment for various markets MUI is critical for us. LIP is a lot more overhead. MUI has more features and is far more user friendly. Currently we are staging machines in different markets like China, Puerto Rico, Thailand, Czech Rep., Poland, the list goes on. We need to be more versatile with our interfaces.

ya u r right.

Now i got to know that Microsoft is offering this MUI and LIP for English Version of Windows only , i mean u can install these MUIs on English Version only, am i right???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom