didn't activate xp! now boned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude u are truly boned....do like the man says and back up your HD and then format it from DOS, install a legit version this time :D

you can only have XP on one computer, its not like office where you can have it on a desktop AND your own laptop (unless its a OEM, than you have to check the liscense agreement there as they may of purchased addnt'l liscensing contracts for sold systems for multi installs). I highly doubt this, as you would know and it would more than likely be a business system.

weewun said:
i downloaded a crack for xp which was meant to stop me having to activate it (i have my reasons) and it stopped the activation reminder from coming up and i thought it worked would this have anything to do with the fact that the dialogue box doesnt come up? cheers mate

I get a few computers for customers with this problem. that crack obviously use to work. but MS got hip to it. It don't work now. buy you an XP disc. they're only $99.00 these days. when they were $300-400 dollars it was understandable why people would do it. but it make no sense to do it know

Always had to activate mine.

I also can install XP-Pro on more than one machine. I have one copy loaded on a kesktop and a laptop without problems. It was my understanding that XP allowed you to have 2 installations running simultaneously (for some EULAs).

As always, people should read their EULAs. Not all releases of software have the same EULA version to version or even within the same version. I have 4 copies of XP at my home, and only two have identical EULAs, even though they're all the same release edition.

TheRanger said:
Get XP Pro .... you don't have to register it .... ever!:)

Also, you really should make a BartPE Disc. Goto :http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

the are 2 versions of XP Pro,one for business(corporate), one for personal use

you have to activate the one for personal use. the business one cost a whole lot more, so you can put it on any computer

EricB said:
the are 2 versions of XP Pro,one for business(corperate), one for personal use

you have to activate the one for personal use. the business one cost a whole lot more, so you can put it on any computer

Yes, Windows XP Corporate Edition does not require activation and registration is optional :)

-Dan The Man

We do not support warez, cracks, serialz, or any other illegal softwares an TF.

ekÆsine
Tech Forums Super Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom