didn't activate xp! now boned

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
i installed xp home when i made my pc but didnt bother avtvating it (il do it later) forgot! now im unable to log on at all. i now have an upgraded version of xp (pro) and want to install that instead but i cannot do anything to my systiem. i can play about with the bios but that is it. does any1 have any clues as to what i can do to install a different version (or even the same 1) onto my PC. cheers!

so how do i go about booting up a disc in bios? we set the system boot sequence to boot from the cd drive first but it didnt work and makes no difference when the xp cd disc is in. cheers

When the login screen comes up, Windows doesn't give you a message about being overdue for activation? If it does, you should see something there about activating.

i downloaded a crack for xp which was meant to stop me having to activate it (i have my reasons) and it stopped the activation reminder from coming up and i thought it worked would this have anything to do with the fact that the dialogue box doesnt come up? cheers mate

Well, I would boot it up to DOS and backup any important files to a secondary HD, then I would format, and re-install XP, make sure you activate it. There is no reason to not activate it unless your using a bootleg.

it is a legitimat cd its just its on my brothers PC as well so i figured microsoft wouldnt like it if it was activated on both PCs. how do i boot it in dos anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom