dialing a DSL connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlashwave

Baseband Member
hi,
i want know if i can dial to my DSL internet connection using command line arguments.i have free download hours from night 2:00 morning 8:00.also please tell me if there is a dialer which will dial to my internet connection automatically at a specified time.i need command line arguments so that i can create a batch file and use it via task scheduler.

thanks in advance.

Well, I know that it can be done through linux, so I can only assume that it's just as easy through windows. do you have a gateway/router that's also connected through your configuration? If so, why not block yourself out from using the internet until the hours between 2 and 8.

See, i believe that what you are going to try and do won't work very well considering the DSL modem that you're using. it's probably designed to use similar scripting to reconnect in case of a failure. The best thing for you to do is look at some of the technical documentation on the type of modem you have and how it uses it's ppp-on, ppp-off and reconnect scripts.

i need some help

i am able to access control panel and netwok connections through command prompt by using

control ncpa.cpl,@0,0

u guys can help me by telling me how to open the dialer and asking it to connect.if i can put this in a batch file i can schedule my download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom