device cannot start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsavageboy

In Runtime
ok this is weird. i added a second hd and put windows xp on it. i have an ati radeon 9200 graphics card. when i go to my device manager, it says my graphics card has a problem. when i double click it says This device cannot start. (Code 10). wut is this. please help:(

Uninstall and reinstall. Just because he is getting a monitor output doesnt mean his card is working.

Did you take the card out and reseat it? Does it have a power connector like the one used for a floppy? If so, is it plugged incorrectly?

yes i took it out and cleaned the contacts then put it back in. it does not have a seperate power cord.

ok i also just booted onto my other hd and it was fine. im using the same driver on both. but it still says that my graphics card connot start on my second hd.

really stupid of me. im not sure if this affects my graphics card but i also have two devices under "other devices" in my device manager. i cant find the drivers for the two "devices". one is a "pci input device" and the other is a "SM bus controller"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom