In desperate need of advice... pronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizdumb

Baseband Member
-About a week or so I was interested in trying out windows 7 64-bit, I realized that my DVD player doesn't support burning so I made a bootable flashdrive and Win-7 was running great for 3-4 days.

- I was dual booting with Vista 32-bit, I created a partition to hold Win-7 which was 250Mb and the rest was for Vista(Vista was installed first), from a 1TB hardrive. Last night I was using Win-7 and I got a msg saying to dl and install important updates, so I did that and when they finished it said I had to restart my computer.

-Now this is where my problem began to occur, after my restart I was unable to boot Win-7 OR Vista, I kept getting an error saying something in bootsect could not be accessed(only for Win7/ Vista went bluescreen for a ms and reboots in an infinate loop). I put my flashdrive in and tried using the "repair my computer" utility that came with my OS, I let it do its thing a few times and everytime it finished it said the problems were resolved and it would start fine. Well I wish that were true, after spending my entire day off work/school getting messed around by windows useless repair utilities I decided it would be quicker to just reformat and reinstall with my backup disk.

- My system restore disks from vista are saying there is no data on them, I KNOW that there is. Everytime I try to re-install vista I get an error "Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine. The status bar never passes 0% and it says to restart the install and it should work. It never does. I have deleted all partitions, reformatted them before the install, I cant get it to work. Now I am trying to install Windows7 to see if that works.

-Oh a funny thing I realized earlier, I have a 1TB HD and im pretty sure that the first time I installed Vista I made a partition around 70GB for all my restore points. And it says I have no partitions and only 931GB of HD space, while there is only 1 HD selection. Ive reset everything in my bios to the defaults which they were at the first time that I installed vista.

PS. Sorry for my english and bad grammar/punctuation/etc. Just a reminder, EVERYTHING was running amazing until......that ONE Windows 7 update.

-Any thoughts?

Here is my system spec.

-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

- SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

-HIS Hightech H485FN512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

-CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

-BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Im pretty sure its already NTFS, I installed windows 7 perfectly last night and its still running strong. I wonder why? Do you think it could be my Vista disk? prolly not right?

K **** f'd up again. Well I figured out what it was, my HD failed so I got a new one. **** works. Anyway to bring my 1tb back from the dead?

add the 1TB back into your rig, boot off the new drive and see if you can access the 1TB.

If you can't see it in Windows check if it gets recognized in BIOS.
If it does check in Disk Management and see if the drive is initialized. If it isn't...then initialize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom