Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ive just had a brand new :

Samsung
250GB
IDE
HDD

bougth for me, firstly ive never installed a factory new HDD before so maybe later you could help me but for now my main worry is, my BIOS will nto detect it? am i doing something wrong the jumpers are fine. i know of the IDE size limter bnug thing which i think my PC has as its old so is there anything i cna download to fix the limter? if so a link plz... i have SMART enabled and still nothing

ok well i have eneabled my HDD and and currently using it in windows, however my computer says the drive is only 232GB in size when it is actaully 250GB,
i plan to do this the easy way but i have a few Q's

i plan to split the HDD into 2 partitions (this HDD is a slave BTW)
my Q's are

can i partiotion without an XP disk or a Floppy disk drive as neither of mine work ATM?

can i acces both partitions in windows at the same time, as if it were 2 disks?

any reccomened partition utility's?

thanks in advance

all hard drives are not really what they say they are in gb

250 gb = 232 gb

there's lots of ways to partition a hard drive, no u dont need that. i'd buy/download partition commander, it's probably the easiest to use for partitioning, and yes, the 2 partitions will appear as D and E in windows

thanks im dow... buying partition commander now ...ahem...lol
anyways thanks im such a noob at hard drives i just havnt much experience with them ill post back when i am partitioning coz no doubt ill have more Q's :D

that app you reccomened wasnt rle workin out for me so i tried partition magic and now i have my 232GB HDD as

2 partitions of 116GB each :D so at least now i havnt got to worry about that IDE limit :D thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom