Desktop icons went dim

Status
Not open for further replies.
im thinking you may have started a cut operation on the files and folders on the desktop. if so, click on the desktop and press escape on the keyboard. This cancels the operation. Otherwise i would look into transparancy for desktop icons on win7

I was going to say you've somehow enabled transparency on your desktop icons.

Control Panel / System / Advanced / Performance Tab / Settings Button and put a checkmark in: Use Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on the Desktop

Lexluethar- everything in that option is check marked.

office politics- I've tried pressing escape on the desktop but nothing happens.
When i first turned on my computer all my desktops were gone except the My computer icon (which wasn't dimmed down), so i played around with the "Organize" option Organize>View>Show hidden files, folders, and drives. That is what brought back all my icons but they were all dimmed down.

Those are hidden folders. If you go back into Organize>View>Hide hidden files while in that same window you will see those items disappear. That is how you can distinguish the difference between files and folders that are not marked hidden.

Mak does he then need to unmark those has hidden. I see things like spybot shortcuts and chrome shortcuts that aren't supposed to be hidden.

Mak's right, just did it on my PC. HIghlight all items, right click and go to properties, uncheck hidden.

When i do that all my desktop disappear, also when i go to my computer C:/ i cant find the folder Users no more it's suddenly disappeared.

Edit: also can't go into my documents no more :S cant view pictures, documents anything.

You need to mark them as unhidden as Lex said. After that you need to right click on your desktop>View>Show Desktop Icons. That should show them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom