Desktop Icon Labels contain Large Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

leecherous

Baseband Member
I am trying to resolve a problem which developed on a friend's PC. Windows 98SE Desktop's Icons appear normal in size. However, the labels below all of the Icons display in very LARGE FONTS ... So large, the font text overlaps (expands) the title box making these labels illegible. I'm using MSIE v6.0 SP1 and Outlook Express. In either case, the large font problem also appears to overlap the active Windows in IE and OE which makes text hardly readable on a 17" monitor (set at 1024 x 768 Resolution, 16 bit Color Quality, Normal Size 96 DPI). I have attempted every means possible to decrease font size using a variety of Windows Tools in "Display Properties" and those involving "View-Text Size-Smallest to Largest" in IE and OE with negative results on smallest settings. The video card drivers, reinstalled, do not change the situation. There are no errors or ! points appearing in "System-Properties-Device Manager." I am not a novice in the use of Windows 95 through XP. I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting with success in the Windows genre. But this one's got me going. Does anyone have suggestions for a FIX?

Talldude123: I've already accomplished what you've suggested as mentioned in my original statement, above. I've used a variety of Windows Tools, including "Display Properties," "Appearance Tab," "Font Size" set to "Normal" and the results were negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom